Hertz > Roadside Assistance
- In case of mechanical faults or an accident, Hertz has a 24 hour Roadside Assistance service available by calling 224 311 200 – 223 608 662
- You can also contact our branches (during office hours) to coordinate this service. Their telephone numbers appear in your rental contract or here.
- This service is only free in case of mechanical faults. The cost of any Roadside Assistance service for other reason (charging flat batteries, opening locked doors, changing tires, etc.) must be met by the client.
- The response time for Roadside Assistance depends on the vehicle’s distance and location. The client will be sent a text message indicating the approximate arrival time of the service requested.
- A frequent reason for calling Roadside Assistance is because of a flat battery after leaving the lights on when the vehicle is parked. Please remember to turn the lights off every time you leave the vehicle to avoid delays to your itinerary and unnecessary charges.
- Hertz is responsible for replacing damaged vehicles and this service should be coordinated with the office where the contract was opened. The transfer of replacement vehicles to specific addresses or to where the client is located incurs an extra cost.
- As required by law, remember to always use your security vest when you get out of a stopped vehicle that has been involved in an accident or has a mechanical fault.